Monday 9 May 2016

Lily...a precious new life.

On Thursday May 5th at 2:06 in the morning I became an oma to a precious little girl...beautiful Lily Ann-Marie, weighing 8lbs 9oz's. We have been waiting in anticipation for this little one to make her way into this world...gender unknown until arrival and that made it all the more special.

We got the call on Amy's due date...it was time...they were in the hospital, she was in labour.  We're three hours away so we got packed up and headed out shortly after the call.  We arrived at Will and Amy's around 8pm and six hours later little Lily Ann-Marie made her grand entrance into this new world of hers.  

It's funny Will called to tell us the baby had been born but that was it, no gender, no name, no details.  It was kept a surprise until we entered the room and were presented with this precious little gift...Lily Ann-Marie.

How Lily's name came about is beautiful.  It comes from Matthew 6: 25-33 specifically verses 28 & 29: "And why are you worried about clothing?  Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these." 

Here's what Amy, my daughter-in-law shared with me about why they chose the name Lily.  "Throughout the years (probably since I was a teenager) I have found myself continually turning to that passage about Jesus' teaching to not worry.  I have always loved the idea that God takes care of the lilies of the field, spread all over the earth in meadows & fields, most of which will never be seen by humans, and yet He cares to clothe them in more splendor than even Solomon.  I have always wanted to name a daughter Lily to remind me constantly of God's tender care for us, and how that makes it so that we don't have to be anxious for anything.  My hope and prayer for her is that she would grow into a woman who trusts God and displays His beauty.  And then her middle names are Ann after both of our grandmothers, and Marie is after your middle name :)"  Isn't that beautiful...brings tears to my eyes.  It was also such a blessing that her middle name was after my middle name.

I love the meaning of her name as well ~ Purity and Shining Light. The Scripture passage connected to her name is Zechariah 2:10 "Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst," declares the LORD.

So I enter this new season of life...a mother of a son who is now a father and the life cycle continues.  What a privilege and blessing the LORD has given us to fill the earth, to be Kingdom workers.  And in that we are ever mindful of the responsibility we have in raising our children and grandchildren in the fear of the LORD and to love Him above all.  Because as Amy pointed out our God is tender in His care for us and we need not be anxious about anything.  He knew our children before they were born and He loves our children more than we ever could and we can find so much rest in that.  I so look forward to being a part of Lily's life and watching her grow and become all that God intends for her to be.

I am blessed...

And now since so many of us are a part of the technological age I present to you my oma blessing book :-)  




Lily getting her measurements done.



Lily's first diaper put on by Will.


One proud father holding his daughter for the first time.



A delighted and blessed opa and oma.



One happy and blessed auntie Charissa.


Nap time at the hospital.


Welcome home, now a family of three.







...and that you are.














A mother's love.












1 comment:

  1. These photos are beautiful Tina! Congratulations on this precious new little life!

    ReplyDelete