Saturday 13 April 2013

One Thousand Gifts...Days 97 ~ 102

Encased in Winter's grip...

Though we are well into April, Friday morning we awoke to everything encased in ice, freezing rain had descended upon us in the early morning hours.  Another snow day for the kids around here.  I loved those mornings of the cancelled bus when our kids were in school...no rushing to get everyone out the door.  An unexpected or wished for holiday, you know the prayers of the night before, "Lord please may it be a snow day tomorrow."  

So I did some walking around with my camera to capture some of this ice encased beauty and here's some of what I was able to capture.


The verse that comes to mind when I look at this image is Ezekiel 36: 26 - "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." 




















Can you tell I love fences :)

One Thousand Gifts journaled for days 97 ~ 102

289. The joy in young life
290. A nice visit with my mother-in-law after her return from Florida
291. It is well, You are God in control...
292. The call of the Sea Gulls high in the sky
293. Soul chats
294. The boardwalk
295. A beautiful Spring day
296. Lunch outside on the deck with Silas
297. The Spring rain tonight
298. More rain - April showers brings May flowers :)
299. Clean kitchen floor - it's been a while
300. Out for a snack and chat with the husband
301. Watching a Mourning Dove pair getting a drink from a puddle then flying off together
302. A beautiful visit with a friend, an encourager
303. Memories
304. The beauty of everything encased in ice
305. The quiet of no hydro
306. The blessing of hydro returned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment