Thursday 26 April 2012

Some of the Beautiful Women in my Life...


This is my mom...I've known her all my life :-)  She's a beautiful woman.  She immigrated to Canada when she was two.  Life has not always been easy for her but she has always pushed through no matter how tough things may have been.  She can do anything she sets her mind to - hardwood flooring, tiling, trimming, woodwork, farming, gardening, etc.  At times she has thought she wasn't a good enough mom and that she failed, but it's not true, she's a great mom.  We all make mistakes and we learn and grow from them and they can contribute in a positive way to who we are.  She has a kind and giving heart and is always willing to help people who are in need.  She has taught me so much.   


My daughter Jocelyne...a beautiful young woman.  She's a laugh to have around and her humour will have you laughing.  She has a very giving and loyal heart.  And she is a mother's dream for a babysitter, she gives 110% when she babysits for anyone.  She is so good with kids, she has so much patience and they just love her.  If she is blessed with children she will make an awesome mom.  Right now she's in university to become a nurse, she just finished her second year...two more to go.  She will make an excellent nurse if she chooses to go that route, she's very calm and not much frazzles her unless it's snowing out and she has to drive...she hates driving in the snow.  


My daughter Charissa...another beautiful young woman.  We called her smiley when she was younger, she was a little monkey and full of life.  She has a good heart and is very giving too.  Just like Jocelyne she is a mother's dream for a babysitter, she gives 110% too and one day if blessed with children will make a wonderful mom.  It's her heart to help those with disabilities whether it be physical, mental or emotional challenges.  This was made clear to her when she volunteered at Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch in Oregon,  a ranch for needy kids and abused or neglected horses.  In September she'll be going to college to become a child and youth worker.      


Giving to the kids they babysit.



My beautiful mother-in-law, I've known her for the past 26 years.  I took her picture the other day when she was over for coffee, she didn't really want me to but she let me anyway :-)  She is a woman of perseverance and determination and has had her share of struggles that she has had to push through.  She suffers from arthritis and yet she doesn't let it keep her down.  She's had to deal with the sudden death of her husband 3 1/2 years ago and that was very painful but she has continued on and has learned knew things about herself and she has found strength that she didn't know she had.  She is giving and kind and what I've learned lately is that she has a good sense of humour.  She loves her children deeply.   


My dear friend Debra.  The first time I met Debra was when Charissa was in the hospital with pneumonia...that was 16 years ago.  I had never met her before but knew her husband because he was doing junior high ministry with us at church, they were new to the church.  That one act reveals a lot of Debra's heart...beautiful, caring and giving.  Debra is a loyal friend and our friendship has grown stronger over the years...as couples we have each gone through our ups and downs and have been there for one another.  She is a great encourager, always willing to see the good and looking past the little things in people that sometimes trip me up.  Her heart is very forgiving and it is her desire to see people live in the freedom that God intended.  And she loves adventure!        


Beautiful Celina, another dear friend.  We've known each other for the past 13 years.  We were sitting together in my family room doing cross stitch the morning of 9/11...I'll never forget that.  Celina is mom to four beautiful children, two boys and two girls...there was a time when she thought she couldn't have children but then 5 1/2 years later they came...four in less than six years.  And it's been busy for her being a mom to four children so close in age but she has pushed through and she's a great mom, she has her struggles but she realizes her capabilities and has learned to accept who she is and not compare herself so much to other moms.  She has a beautiful, open and tender heart.  She is honest and will say it like it is.  And it's her desire to be all God has created her to be and she will push into the tough places to get there.  Oh and she's got a great laugh.


My mom and Maggie, a new friend to the family.  My parents have taken her under their wing.  She's 92 years old and we're just getting to know her.  She's an amazing woman.  She was at my parents the one day and I so much wanted to take her picture so I asked and she let me.  Oh she said she wasn't so beautiful anymore and that her hair was thin and all that but I think she's a beautiful classy lady with a lovely smile.  My girls and the rest of us love listening to her stories and I'm sure there will be more of that in the future.


We celebrated my mom's birthday last night and Maggie was over too.  She brought her harmonica's and played us some tunes...so beautiful.



True and lasting beauty is more than skin deep.  It's a beauty that gives to those around them, a beauty that is conveyed through actions and strength of character.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."  Proverbs 31:30















1 comment:

  1. What an incredible tribute to your friends, and to beauty itself. Thank you for sharing, Tina. I happen to think that you are one of the most beautiful women I have known. Inside and out.

    ReplyDelete