Saturday 7 May 2011

The Big City...

Heading into the big TO, this is not the kind of driving for me.


Yesterday I took a drive to Toronto with my husband to pick up some tools.  It’s always nice to get out and go for a relaxing drive, it’s quiet and there’s nothing you can do but sit and chat.  Or in my case doze off and this happens within the first hour of driving, it never fails.  Even if I’m the driver my body just wants to fall asleep which is not a good thing and is rather annoying if I’m the one driving.  I have to munch and drink my way to my destination if I’m driving.  My husband says it’s because I’m forced to sit and can’t do anything else and so my body just figures it’s a good time to rest.  Don't you just love that place between being awake and being asleep, where you're still aware of what's going on around you but you're far away.  

So we stopped for lunch at Boston Pizza and so I thought I'd whip my camera out and take some shots...but I get so nervous if people are around because what are they going to think of this crazy woman taking pictures of her glass of water or the decor in the restaurant.  This is where my husband is very encouraging and just tells me to do it, don't worry about the people, just go have fun and take some shots and so I did and am glad I did.  It's stepping out of my comfort zone, but when you can do that the world becomes a bigger place for you to enjoy and make an impact in.

A glass of water with lemon is what I always order because it's free :-)

I just love their bottle full of colourful vegetables and it made for some nice bokeh.

Anyway, I was so hoping to get some street shots of people but we ran out of time and never made it down town so I’ll have to save that for another day.  For me that would really be stepping out of my comfort zone but it is something I would  love to capture, just random people doing life. On our way home we took the country roads which doubled our time to get home but it was much nicer than taking the highway.  I love driving through the country and all the little towns you come across.  Some of my favourite pictures from yesterday are from the country.  

We came across this farm so I just had to stop...aren't these guys the cutest...I want some baby lambs to add to our collection of animals.

As I was baaing at the baby lambs and taking their pictures this big lama came trotting over to see what I was doing, of course I was scared he was going to spit at me because they do that you know so I backed off and snapped some pictures of his beautiful face.


I guess you can take the girl out of the country but not the country out of the girl.






   



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice trip to the city. All the shots are great. The lambs are adorable.
    You're brave to step out of your comfort zone!
    Have a great mother's day...even if tomorrow isn't a special day in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely trip. I used to get so self-conscious taking pictures at restaurants and public places, but the more I did it the more comfortable I became. These photos are great, but my fave has to be the little lambs. They are precious.

    ReplyDelete