Monday 2 May 2011

Attempting to blog...

Well, I've taken the plunge and am attempting to do a blog, though I don't really know what I'm doing.  It's a lot of trial and error...lots of errors :-)  But isn't life like that, how many times do we attempt to try something new and we can't quite figure it out.  I must confess my attitude can be awful when I can't figure something out...see I tried doing this whole blog thing the other day and well I had to walk away because I just couldn't figure it out and I was getting mad and frustrated.  That's when my husband offers his advice of "sometimes you just have to walk away and look at it another time and you'll see it differently."  Not always the advice you like to hear when you're in the midst of being angry and frustrated.  But needless to say I walked away.

So over the next while I'll probably change things as I understand how to change layout and all that.  I fiddled around forever trying to get the right size picture, mean while thinking I am so wasting my time.  But learning new things takes time and so it isn't really wasted time.  But for me I just like to know how to do it all right away.  I know that's not a good way to be, makes for not a very teachable person.  This will be good for me, all this learning and maybe it's simpler than I think.

5 comments:

  1. Good start honey
    I Love you, and am proud of you,
    Keep on pushing forward!!

    Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You made it to blogville! Welcome. So glad you will be posting your little spiritual gems here, and hopefully still on Flickr. I'm sure you'll catch on in no time as to how to change the layout, insert photos, etc. Let me know if you need any help! Looking forward to your future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog looks great Tina! I will love your ramblings...I already love them on flickr! I'm not very well versed in blogging, but will be glad to help where I can!

    You definitely have a God-given talent for photography and for sharing your heart. You are going places, and I look forward to the ride!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is off to a great start Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so glad you started this blog. I have enjoyed your pictures but also the words that go along with them. I think you are a wonderful writer full of inspiration, advice, and wise words. I look forward to following your blog. I had to laugh at the part where you said you didn't have a very good attitude when you couldn't figure the whole blog thing out. I am the exact same way, and probably why I haven't stuck with the whole blog thing. Most of my blog posts were just posting pictures. Anyway you're off to a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete